Thursday, May 30, 2013

New Project, Same Direction

Here I am trying to finish the Healing Alphabet, and struggling.  I have finished letter U which means I am five pieces before the end.  I have no urge or desire to finish this:  I see myself dragging my feet to come back to the studio to get it done.  Instead, I am having all kinds of fun and interesting ideas to start new projects.  So I am going to have to do both.  Let the new ideas spring while having the commitment to resume the unfinished ones.

Here is another piece I am working on.  I want to attach the embroidery onto a large blue canvas I dyed today. The dye label reads 'Arabian Blue' which sounds irresistible.  It ended up being more of a night blue, which will work too.  I want to paste a multitude of images and objects to it, as to integrate the work I do for the Coalition of New Canadians for Arts and Culture onto an art piece.  I would like to translate some of the experiences and ideas on diversity and multiculturalism onto art making.  Some aspects of this work will follow a similar direction as the Healing Alphabet, and some will be unexplored territory.  I photoshopped it a bit, if you are wondering.


No comments:

Post a Comment