Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Prints for Cancer

This month I will have two shows: one at the Shenkman Arts Centre as part of the exhibition Selections, which opens on the 25th. In it I will show my brain, well not mine, but yes, mine.  The second show will be at the Fundation Quebecoise du Cancer, located in Gatineau.  They were interested in artwork that deals with healing and contacted me. However I will not show the seven organs as some of them have been bought (yippie!) and I don't have enough time to make new ones.  Instead, I will show some of my monoprints, two of which you can see below.

These monoprints were made using the fabulous Pin Press, Akua inks, rice paper, Canson printing paper, bits of other things found along the way (such as the stencil letters I used for the Book Exchange Box).  My drawings were based on microscopic photos of human tissue.  I am still fascinated with the marvels and mysteries of our human body.



No comments:

Post a Comment