Monday, June 29, 2015

Dealing with Rejection

I have been applying for several grants, awards, jobs and opportunities and five of my applications have been rejected; two have been successful; and three are still pending. I have to continuously remind myself that it is my applications are being rejected, not ME. It is easy to take it personally and to feel like a failure.

However, I am looking into new opportunities, tangentially related to art, if I remember to see life a stage for creativity. Jose and I will train as Couple Enrichment Leaders for 10 days during the General Friends Conference. It will take place at Western Carolina University of Cullowhee, located in North Carolina.

We hope to exercise and multiply what we learn during the training with other Spanish speaking couples who would be interested in deepening their relationship. We will have a taste session of Couple Enrichment on our return, before the end of the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment